Yay me! I am glad to inform you all that I have just been given the Stylish Blogger Award by a lovely blogger named Cat, from Musings and Confessions of a Wandering Mind. (Ok, presumably her name isn't really Cat, but her screenname is caterpillar, so that's what I call her. She could be Michelle Obama for all I know.) She writes things that are fun and creative, with more thought put into them than I probably ever will put into mine. So go visit her.
And before you skip the rest of this, I'm gonna remind you about the GIVEAWAY going on that you should enter by following and posting over here (do all caps get your attention? or are they just obnoxious?)
1) I like to put milk on cakes and muffins and other baked goods and mash them up until they make kind of a soggy, soupy dessert thing. I have been mocked.
2) My room in PA home is pretty much as dark as a tomb, so everywhere I go I have a tendency to keep shades down and doors shut. People walk in and say, "Don't you ever open this?" And I say, "Huh. I forget I can."
3) The only sports movie I've ever really loved is Remember the Titans. Denzel on that field barking at those guys? Yum.
4) I've read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott probably about 7 times. I confuse it with real life sometimes...
5) I have no internal compass. Wherever I'm driving, I'm always going forward.
6) Also in my room in PA home I still have all my posters up of little puppies and piggies that I bought in middle school book fairs. Call it whimsy.
7) I lead the hymns at church this morning. You know, pitch pipe, conducting, acapella, the whole deal. It went well.
So folks, that's all you get. And I'm already feeling like you know too much about me for your own good.
The other part of this is that I pass it on to 15 other bloggers. But I think I'm going to veto that. (I'm always so respectful of the rules of these things. See if anyone gives me anything ever again.) not because I don't know that many bloggers that I could name, but because if I did I know that you would never click on all of them and it wouldn't really do anyone good in the end. (Have I overthought this?)
So here we go, as many people as I feel like, that I didn't name last time, and haven't received this from someone else to my knowledge
Holly from Travelling Due West who is honestly such a fantastic writer that I get insanely jealous ever time I read her funny, clever blog. (But then, I think she might sorta do it for a living, so do I get points for being an amateur?)
Katie from Best of Fates who is seriously a comic genius. I get about 10x more laughs from reading her blog than from watching SNL. (Fact #8. I think SNL's a huge bore. Which shouldn't diminish that last comment.)
Christy from 25 before 25 who has a really cool thing going where she has a list of a bunch of things she wants to read, cook, visit, etc. before 25. It's awesome. She also helped me out when I was fishing for ideas of what to do in NYC.
Naomi from Hippo Birdies who has some explaining to do about the name of her blog. But even so her posts are fun and unpredictable and always make me think "I know exactly what you mean!"
Amy from My Didn't Happeners who's a reader and a great writer and right now is raising money for a charity in the UK called the NSPCC (which is against child abuse. I had to look it up) with something called the 18before18 challenge. A better person than me.
Bridget from tales of me and the husband. I put this one on here simply because I think you guys should check it out. There's no other blog which "stylish" describes so well (in a very profound, non-pageant kind of way) She is the first blog that I started reading, got me to start thinking of doing it myself, and has since even helped me a bit....which should give you an idea of how fabulous she is. Definitely go. Right now. (Are you still here?)
Tah tah, Dahling.
P.S. I won't be offended if anyone graciously accepts and declines to do a post about it. We cool.