Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'd like to thank all the little people


I'm very delighted today to announce that another blogger, screenname
runawaybride, has named me to an award of sorts called "Honest Scraps." Please, please, no autographs now.

I'd like to thank her sincerely and say that it's a true honor from her because she has so many more fascinating things to talk about in her blog, Chronicles of an arranged Indian Marriage. I know, the title alone has you hooked right? Go check it out.
Which you'd be doing for a better reason than I did originally, which was that her screenname is a Julia Roberts movie that I love.

So the game is that every blogger who is named by another blogger as one of their top picks is to pass the honor around to five more people, so the love just multiplies. I'm happy to do it, but I'm gonna tweak the rules a bit from five of the best to five of the best, who also follow me regularly and I think deserve your look-see.

As we speak I'm not sure who all these bloggers are gonna be. Let's find out:

Life from a college kid: (please, hold your applause to the end) Trish is a hilariously good writer who rants about procrastinators, obsesses over boys, and makes New Years resolutions I think she probably doesn't need to.

Farmgirl Musings
...: Bonnie is northerner (I just mean Minnesota, kinda sounds like I'm a confederate who jus' cain't stand them Yankees) who share her creativity in thoughts, stories, and life with all of us. She is my dose of wisdom when I'm having a typically vapid day.

Merp: Cjuen is a vet student who regularly entertains with little stories or cartoons about quirky home events, birds attacking, and sister's engagement dances.

a life of color: Caroline is a rather new blogfriend whose blog and writing style I have enjoyed immensely because it's full of quick wit, honesty, and sarcasm. Sarcasm is my love language.

TRIPPING OVER STARS
: An Australian blogger who talks about fashion, blogging, and chickens. I think she'd be a fun person to meet.

There we go. That's five, but not nearly enough, because I have so many awesome blog friends who deserve recognition. Perhaps we'll do this again sometime.

I think perhaps the other tradition attached with the award is to name five random things about yourself. I, such the rebel, am skipping that one for now. We might come back to it later.


I felt several times during the writing of this blog that it might be appropriate to insert "I'm so humbled" which people always seem to say when they receive awards and things. Erroneously, it seems to me, so I didn't say it. How's this:
I'm so proud and big-headed that you gave me this!


13 comments:

  1. You are so cute!!! Congratulations on your honor! Thanks for the mention...I'm humbled that you read and comment on my blog-of-sorts. I appreciate that one so young and world-wise and carefree finds any interest in what I think! I'm telling my daughters...ha!

    I will pass on the mention, Dani! We were on the same side, weren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Dani! A well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. runawaybride is great! And thank you for the award!! =) This just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! How lovely to get an award. I like your note at the end of the post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - congrats! I second that awards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dani, Congratulations on the award....yayy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie: We are. Definitely on the same side. :)

    Trish: Well-deserved, my dear! And I'm gonna check out yours, which I see you've already posted!

    Naomi, Lucy, and Cat: You are all awesome! Thanks so much for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and thanks Megan!
    PS. Y'all, you MUST check out the above Megan at Best of Fates. She's genius.

    Had I known that she fit my second little requirement for these awards....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dani : Even i took the screenname having the movie in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats lady! and I look forward to reading the 5 random things about you! :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You shouldn't have...but of course I'll accept!! Thanks so much for your kind words and for thinking of me. I'll be sure to pass this along!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm so flattered! I hope I can live up to your expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loads and loads of congratulations on getting this award! You really did deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete